Wednesday, July 21, 2010

casey-shaped hole


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRD5EZzReO8

Next week I'm leaving for Young Life camp to be a summer staffer for 3 weeks. Recently I was sent this video from one of the leaders of the camp because some of the staff is going to be performing this for the campers each week.

I watched this video and sobbed.

It's such a beautiful thing knowing how much God loves us and how much He wants us to be happy and unburdened. It's also tragic to think about how often we ignore Him, how flippant we are about His laws for us, how we disregard His will and then blame Him when we run into trouble. A friend and I were once talking about how pastors and church leaders will always tell us how we all have a Jesus-shaped hole in our hearts. This is true. But then she went on to say, "You know, God has a Casey-shaped hole in His heart too." How humbling to know the Lord of everything yearns for me! And you! We're His everything and He should be ours in return.

I came across this verse today. I really like it.

And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from his love. Death can't, and life can't. The angels can't, and the demons can't. Our fears for today, our worries about tomorrow, and even the powers of hell can't keep God's love away. Whether we are high above the sky or in the deepest ocean, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord. -Romans 8:38-39
I love that our God is such a loving, beautiful, and amazing God.  I'm so pumped for camp and the opportunity to share that with kids!

No comments: