Wednesday, September 17, 2008

What I Miss



Top 10 Things I Miss Most About Home (aside from friends and family, of course):

1. My super comfortable bed, complete with Pakastani blanket and a pillow that isnt just a folded sheet stuffed inside a pillowcase.
2. Mexican food (including, but not limited to: carne asada, tortillas, queso fresco, horchata, rice, enchiladas, pan dulce, and pozole. Most of those I didn't even get to eat that often but just the fact that it's not even an option anymore makes me miss it more.)
3. Homemade Mom cookies (peanut butter, almond shortbreads, oatmeal raisin, etc etc)
4. Homemade Mom cake (double-layer chocolate with chocolate frosting and strawberries on top!)
5. Spanish/Spanglish
6. All the lotion I left at home (my skin is so dry!)
7. Warm weather (The past few days were freezing and it's only September!)
8. Being healthy (everyone in the house is getting sick! I plan to not follow that trend. I refuse to get sick!)
9. Ghetto parties (ha)
10. Decent coffee (with lots of cream, sugar, and cinnamon)

But don't think I'm complaining about being in Germany! I'm not! Just a little homesick for home-y comforts..

1 comment:

Pam J said...

Casey,

By the time this trip is over, you'll have a totally different look on the U.S. Hee, hee. Your time will be over so quickly that you'll miss germany when you're back home. Isn't it ironic? Enjoy your time..:)